[geeks] [rescue] E250 temperatures

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Apr 16 17:31:03 CDT 2008

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> Exactly.  And these days, *nobody* has the time tp properly understand
> *everything*.  There's just too much.

I'm doing pretty well.  I do my own home repairs (plumbing, carpentry,
painting) but leave the electrics to someone with better luck than me.
I maintain my vehicles, but I'd probably have to take it to a dealer for
anything beyond fluids, belts, lamps, hoses, filters, and the things
that just don't change much from vehicle to vehicle (water pump,
alternator, brakes etc.).  I manage my finances and investments, but I
have an accountant do my taxes because he saves me kilobucks each year.

The key isn't to know everything about everything but to know at least
enough about anything important to know when you're being taken for a
ride.

Disclaimer: living alone helps with having the time to keep up with
things.

--
Jonathan Patschke | "There is no such thing as a short of reserves...
Elgin, TX         |  one bank can have a problem...the Fed can print