[geeks] [rescue] E250 temperatures

nate at portents.com nate at portents.com
Wed Apr 16 12:03:43 CDT 2008

> Exactly.  And these days, *nobody* has the time tp properly understand
> *everything*.  There's just too much.

Agreed.  As much as I try to learn everything (and I do) I just can't keep
up.

Things I've learned the hard way in the last two weeks:

1) Thieves will steal all four factory aluminum rims and tires off your
2007 Honda Fit Sport in front of your house on a weekday between 6:00am
and 6:20am regardless of the fact that you live in a nice neighborhood
next to a church on a main road with cops that drive by at 6:00am and
6:20am.

2) Car insurance companies like Liberty Mutual that offer substitution
rental coverage and tell you that $15 a day will get you a "compact car"
and partner with Enterprise won't tell you that Enterprise doesn't
actually have a car for rent at $15 a day.

3) A rental car parking permit that covers parking a rental car on my
street for 28 days costs the same as a permit for a regular car for a
year.

4) When a Liberty Mutual inspector tells you that it will take 3 days to
fix the dent in your car, it's just his personal estimate, and isn't
actually any indicator of how long a Liberty Mutual "Superior Service
Center" will take to fix your car.

5) A Liberty Mutual "Superior Service Center" will tell you things like,
"Bring you car in Monday, and our inspector will call you later in the day
with an actual estimate of when the repair will be done."  And then they
won't call you at all on Monday, and when you call them Tuesday morning,
they'll tell you they'll call you later in the day Tuesday, and then they
won't call you at all on Tuesday, and when you call them on Wednesday
morning and are told they'll call you later that morning and you say
you're going to drive down there and get your car they transfer you to
Tony who tells you your car has really been worked on the last two days
and that Tony will personally call you later that morning with an estimate
of when they'll have your car ready later that day.  Tony will call you
back and tell you your car should be ready on Friday, but it's just an
estimate, and they'll call you.  To fix a dent.