[geeks] [rescue] E250 temperatures

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Tue Apr 15 21:16:52 CDT 2008

On Apr 15, 2008, at 8:51 PM, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

> Yes, the banks are thieves, but the people who bought more home than
> they could afford aren't much better.  The unfortunate side of
> things is
> the homeowners only lose whatever limited capital they put into the
> property.  The banks, however, turned around and sold that debt to
> investors, who are now discovering they're in a much higher degree of
> risk than they'd been lead to believe.  A fair amount of this bad debt
> has likely found its way into people's retirement funds and such.

Wouldn't the people buying the debt be just as guilty as the people
buying the houses or selling the debt?

If home owners are to be expected to understand what they are getting
into (and I think they should), shouldn't debt buyers be that much
more aware, even if they are retirement funds?

This is one reason I don't trust anything more to my 401k than the
employer will match.