[geeks] [rescue] E250 temperatures

Sridhar Ayengar ploopster at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 10:42:35 CDT 2008

Dan Sikorski wrote:
> When i bought my house, i told my lenders not to approve me for any more
> than what i was willing to pay.  I knew what my upper limit was and
> didn't care about anything else.  They listened, but the two lenders
> that I talked to were a credit union, and an indirect relative.  I
> agree, those who bought more than they could afford should fall on their
> asses, and if their collective failure causes lender failure, they
> should be punished for taking bad risks as well.  You'll notice that not
> all lenders are failing, either.  Wells Fargo and JP Morgan/Chase are
> doing ok through all of this because they didn't take on the high risk
> loans.  In the end, the fools lose, weather they were the borrower or
> the lender.

I believe that if you take a big mortgage that you can't pay, and your
house gets repossessed, you got what you deserved, even if you were lied
to by the bank.  You should've known better than to listen to the bank.

But then, I also believe that there shouldn't be any laws against fraud.
  If you get taken by a con-man, you deserve to get taken.

Peace...  Sridhar