[geeks] Cox digital NOTworking service

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Mon Apr 14 17:45:01 CDT 2008

>From: Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
>Date: 2008/04/14 Mon PM 02:43:18 CDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: [geeks] Cox digital NOTworking service

<snip>

>On the bright side: the service is faster now, but I still think FIOS
>is the way to go, especially since my ISP might be a reseller.  Not
>sure if Verizon is going to let them do that like they do DSL or not.

Verizon resells access to copper/DSL because they have to, they'd rather not do it. And AFAIK, they will *never* resell FiOS, it came after the judges decree/PUC agreement allowing Verizon to enter long distance. See ILECs like Verizon needed to show they were committed to breaking their own monopoly...

Lionel