[geeks] Wireless Router reccomendations

Jeff Cole jeff at flambe.org
Sun Apr 13 20:34:10 CDT 2008

Lionel Peterson wrote:
  > What about a seperate access point and router?
Smoothwall[0]/Vyatta[1] on a samll PC (like a PIII with a smaller (180
Watt?) PS?[2]) and a low-end Cisco AP (seen on eBay for around $100 or
less with power supplies and power injectors - search "cisco Aironet
1200"[3], for instance)?

Not really practical for this setup. A good thought though. I was
looking at the Soekris stuff but for my uses, it seems terribly
expensive. I'll probably pick up one of the units eventually, but, at
the moment, it would be overkill for what I need.