[geeks] drive cage fan for Dell T105 server

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Apr 10 21:26:22 CDT 2008

The Dell T105 server I bought did not come with a fan for the drive
cage.  The lower hard drive runs too hot as a result.

You only get the fan if you order the SAS version, which of course is
stupid, but there it is.

I need to get one of those fans, and I can't figure out how from
Dell's website, and they are not answering my queries about it.

Anyone have any idea?

It uses a 5-pin connector like an audio cable, though probably only 3
are active.

Alternately, if I knew the pinout, I could just get a 50mm fan (I've
not actually measured it, I'm guessing, and install my own.

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com