[geeks] Difference Engine at the Computer History Museum

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at liftport.com
Thu Apr 10 19:19:00 CDT 2008

Phil Stracchino wrote:
> http://www.news.com/8301-13772_3-9915667-52.html
>
> Courtesy of nathan Myrhvold, a full-scale working model of Charles
> Babbage's Difference Engine will be on display at the Computer History
> Museum in Mountain View for six months beginning May 1.  The machine was
> constructed to special order for Myhrvold by the Science Museum in
> Kensington, London.

'His List of Eccentricities Is Worth The Read'

http://katebeaton.com/Site/Welcome_files/babbage.jpg

from http://katebeaton.com/Site/Welcome.html

--
Brian Dunbar

brian.dunbar at liftport.com
aim: bdunbar1967

GMT -6
this email is: [ ] bloggable [x] ask first [ ] private

Meaningful Work or Death.
Any other form of existence doesn't interest me.

Hugh Macleod