[geeks] Need pointers to Imagemagick resources

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Apr 9 20:01:16 CDT 2008

On Wed, 9 Apr 2008, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> I have a need at work to mass convert a number of pictures, and
> ImageMagick looks like the perfect tool, but I have no exp. with it.
> The website refers to all it can do, but I'd like a resource with lots
> of examples -anyone have a favorite site like that?

   man convert

In many cases, it really is as simple as:

   convert file.jpg file.png

Between the two filenames you can add options for generating the output
file (file quality, color adjustments, filters, etc.)  They're described
in the man page and more fully here:

   http://www.imagemagick.org/script/convert.php

--
Jonathan Patschke | "There is no such thing as a short of reserves...
Elgin, TX         |  one bank can have a problem...the Fed can print