[geeks] Thoughts? (Cheap NAS with nice feature set)

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Fri Apr 4 17:25:33 CDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 04, 2008 at 06:30:42PM -0400, Sandwich Maker wrote:
> " From: Joshua Boyd <jdboyd at jdboyd.net>
> "
> "
> " Bash is standard now, which I like.
>
> just curious - what does bash do for you that ksh doesn't?

I don't know.  I just know that the default of /bin/sh doesn't cut it
for me (and maybe /bin/sh is a ksh that uses argv[0] to change its
behavior, but if so I don't really care).

Most of the shell scripting I know will work on either sh or bash, but I
like things like emacsish key bindings (^A, ^E, M-f, M-w, etc),
searching through the command history with C-r, and being able to use
the up and down arrows to go through the history.