[geeks] Dell T105 server arrives

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Apr 3 16:16:05 CDT 2008

On Apr 3, 2008, at 14:36 , Lionel Peterson wrote:

> Interesting - my BIOS reports "AHCI" but inside the BIOS the only
> choices for
> SATA controller mode are "ATA" or off/disabled.

Dell turns everything on or off, and most features like AHCI are
always on.

The BIOS gives you only a few options.

> Also, while dinking around in the BIOS, Shannon did you see there is
> an option
> to enable Serial console? it is turned off by default...

I have it enabled, but I didn't get anything on my terminal program.

Can't find much about it in their documentation either.

It seems like it is some kind of Windows serial console service or
something weird like that.

Did you get a serial BIOS screen to come up?