[geeks] Dell T105 server arrives

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Apr 2 22:10:15 CDT 2008

On Apr 2, 2008, at 22:29 , Lionel Peterson wrote:

> As data-points, I tried Ubuntu Server AMD64 7.10 and it failed - the
> SATA optical drive couldn't be found by the installer (though the
> bootstrap program appeared to work fine), and Ubuntu Server i386 (32
> bit) 7.10 and it installed correctly, including network (it
> supported 1 Gig Ethernet, though I didn't get a chance to actually
> clock the throughput).

This is a known problem.

I believe there is a fix, but I forget now where I read it.

http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=2622&nbn=10

They see the same issue.

I looked through my bookmarks but I'm getting tired so I might try
again tomorrow if you don't find anything.

I'm pretty sure this one will get fixed quickly, if it isn't already.