[geeks] Dell T105 server arrives

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Apr 2 14:39:58 CDT 2008

>From: Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
>Date: 2008/04/02 Wed PM 01:58:30 CDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] Dell T105 server arrives

>On Apr 2, 2008, at 11:57 , Lionel Peterson wrote:
>
>> Have you tried the driver I mentioned from the Broadcom website?
>> They list it as the driver for NetXtreme Ethernet chips for Solaris
>> and was released in late 2007... I plan to try it later, but I'm
>> curious of your successes (or lack thereof).
>
>Sorry, I forgot.
>
>That's where I got the driver I have.
>
>It was for Solaris 8.

Odd - the files I just downloaded appear to be for Solaris 7/8/9/10:

<quote>
               Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet Driver
                      For Solaris 2.6/7/8/9/10 for
                        i386 / SPARC platform

              Copyright (c) 2000-2007 Broadcom Corporation
                         All rights reserved.
</quote>

>From the readme.txt file

The driver I downloaded was labeled 10.4.5, uploaded on Oct. 26, 2007.

Hey, am I reading that right - does this driver also support Solaris on SPARC? Interesting... I think it is wrong - the downloaded file only has an x86 subdirectory.

Lionel