[geeks] Paging software?

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Tue Apr 1 03:14:11 CDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 01, 2008 at 01:31:34AM -0400, Alois Hammer wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 23:29:42 -0400 (EDT), "der Mouse"
> <mouse at Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA> said:
> >
> > It's not clear whether this would work for you, especially given your
> > zero-budget restriction.
>
> We have *exactly* USD$0.00 available.

Then vICQ is your friend. Free SMS's sent via ICQ.

I don't recommend it for things like appointment reminders
because if you data mine it enough, you can get most people's
passwords.

However for something like "mail server number 25 is hosed",
I don't see a problem.

I can send you a front end I wrote for it that works better,
contact me off list. It will need modification it was written
for Israeli telephone numbers.

Geoff.