[geeks] Mac graphics opinions wanted

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Sun Sep 30 20:54:28 CDT 2007

>From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
>Date: 2007/09/29 Sat PM 09:11:09 CDT
>To: geeks at sunhelp.org
>Subject: Re: [geeks] Mac graphics opinions wanted

<snip>

>Aside:
>
>I would like to see a "Fat Mini" with better graphics, 4GB
>RAM capacity, and a bit more I/O.

Maybe in a "lunchbox" size case, to hold all the pieces?

>If that machine were out right now, I'd be very tempted to get it instead of
>a Pro.

So would th evast majority of people considering a Mac Pro, so the only reason Apple would offer such a box would be to canabalize their high-margin, top-end systems.

They may not want to do that just yet...

I'm going to pull out my Mac Mini and make it my "always on/never fsck with it" box I think (first I'll have to adjust my budget to get a 4 system DVI USB KVM, then I can put my PC, Mac Mini (G4 1.25 GHz), Sun Ultra 20, and a machine TBD)...

I used to have P75 desktop which was my dedicated browsing machine about 8-9 years ago, back when such a machine was adequate for such purposes - these days a smart keyboard could have a faster processor ;^)

Lionel