[geeks] Mac graphics opinions wanted

N. Miller velociraptor at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 14:16:34 CDT 2007

I was wondering if any of you Mac heads who do more "heavy lifting"
on your Macs and have experience with the 64MB vs 128MB and up nVidia
graphics could weigh in with your opinions.

I'm doing a lot of work at home with my QuickSilver--multiple apps
open (browsers, CSS editor, local MAMP stack running, etc.), and it's
just getting pretty draggy.  I also do some lightweight Photoshop
type stuff (PS, Gimp, and similar), too.  But, I'm on a tight budget
at the moment, so am thinking Mini w/external boot disk, so am
concerned about the graphics performance aspect and would therefore
appreciate experiences of the Mac collective.

Thanks in advance for any comments.
=Nadine=

p.s. And I won't even start on the topic trying to do anything
serious with iTunes without closing 90% of other apps running. :-(