[geeks] KVM switch recommendations

Chad McAuley chizad at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 16:58:18 CDT 2007

Thanks for the suggestions guys, looks like IOGear is the way to go.
One more quick question: Are any of you using these with a wireless
mouse?  That's the whole reason I need a KVM with USB support.

I was having issues charging my old Logitech MX700, so I called up
their support and they ended up replacing it with the MX Revolution
since it was still under warranty.  The MX700 has the receiver and the
charging base in the same unit with USB and power cables coming off of
it, so I never had problems using a USB<->PS/2 adapter to hook it up
to my PS/2 KVM.  But the MX Revolution has a little USB dongle for the
receiver (like you find with wireless laptop mice) and then a
separating charging base.  So I'm concerned I may run into issues with
the receiver not getting enough power from the KVM or something like
that.