[geeks] Distro recommendations

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Sun Sep 23 16:54:03 CDT 2007

N. Miller wrote:
> I start with Xubuntu on desktops for the quick, painless install and
> it's (relative) light weight, and go from there by adding the
> "regular" Debian repositories.  I was an fvwm2 maven as well until I
> started using Xfce.  I suppose if you have up-to-date rc files for
> fvwm, it'd be more of a no-brainer, but I didn't, so I took the path
> of least resistance and stuck with Xfce.

I looked at xfce, but from what I can see of it, I really don't like it.
 If I had to use it, I'd probably end up disabling and/or replacing
every single feature that they list as reasons for using xfce.  I'm sure
it's very nice, if you want something that does what it does, but I don't.

--
        Phil Stracchino                CDK#2
 phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net   alaric at caerllewys.net
 Landline: 603-429-0220           Mobile: 603-320-5438
        It's not the years, it's the mileage.