[geeks] Subversion - Solaris - linking to APR library

brian.dunbar at liftport.com brian.dunbar at liftport.com
Fri Sep 21 13:50:31 CDT 2007

I'm installing Subversion under Solaris 10 x86, using the packages from
sunfreeware.  It's running on a sub-zone.

It installs fine.  I can create repositories and access them using the
FILE method.  When I use HTTP it all falls to bits.

co-web-989:/:# svn list file:///opt/svn/repos
filetest/
svnbin/
co-web-989:/:# svn list http://co-web-989/svn/repos
svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/svn/repos'
svn: Can't read file '/opt/svn/repos/db/revs/2': End of file found

According to the svn forums it is either a permission issue (I believe I
have ruled that out) or that the mod_dav_svn.so libraries are not linked
to the same libraries that httpd uses.

co-vm-997:/usr/local/apache2/modules:# ldd mod_dav_svn.so | grep apr
        libaprutil-0.so.0 =>     /usr/local/lib/libaprutil-0.so.0
        libapr-0.so.0 =>         /usr/local/lib/libapr-0.so.0

co-vm-997:/usr/local/apache2/bin:# ldd httpd | grep apr
        libaprutil-1.so.0 =>     /usr/local/apache2/lib/libaprutil-1.so.0
        libapr-1.so.0 =>         /usr/local/apache2/lib/libapr-1.so.0

It appears this is a problem.

I've never relinked libraries before.  Googling on the topic reveals a
great many documents, some of which seem to assume I'm building entire
applications and go into great detail that hide the nugget of information
i need inside a lot of dense terminology.

Is there somewhere I can find a simple 'how-to' or cookbook approach for
relinking?  I don't want to build a house, just nail a board to the side
(smile).

Or am I completely off-base with this approach?  Should I just build the
silly thing on BSD and call it a day?

Thanks in advance for your time.

--
Brian Dunbar
System Administrator

brian.dunbar at liftport.com
aim: bdunbar1967

GMT -6
this email is: [ ] bloggable [x] ask first [ ] private

Meaningful Work or Death.
Any other form of existence doesn't interest me.

Hugh Macleod