[geeks] FeeCee Power Supply Design

nate at portents.com nate at portents.com
Wed Sep 19 16:08:22 CDT 2007

> Got a link?  Last time I saw a competition the PC P&C was unaffected by
> the tests thrown at it, and PC P&C called to complain that the test was
> to easy.

Though I'm not the original poster, here's one review I know of where a PC
P&C wasn't the best:

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTM1OCw5LCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==

"Once the unit entered testing its fortunes began to shift for the better
but they never caught up to the units billing of being the 'biggest,
baddest power supply  period,' save for one area. The units voltage
regulation was good with the spread on the 12v rail being ~0.3v; however
this is not the best we have seen by a long shot. The efficiency was
mediocre in comparison to a number of other units we have seen in our
testing ranging from ~78% to 80.5% at 120v and between ~77% to ~79% at
100v. Then the unit did pass our Torture Test, though with an unusual
restart issue, with good voltage outputs and an efficiency of ~77%. All of
these things are passable to good but nothing yet is excellent as is
expected."

- Nate