[geeks] FeeCee Power Supply Design

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Sep 18 20:16:45 CDT 2007

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 19:32:25 -0500
Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 06:29:05PM -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> > They used to be good, in the early years, but I think these days they are
> > only a reseller of other people's power supplies.
> > Maybe they do a good job picking nice ones, but I think they are
> > overpriced. According to the tests results I've read, they aren't number
> > one any more.
>
> Eh, I've always been happy with them, and see no reason to buy from anybody
> else as its not often I build a new PC. 8-)

I like them fine too, it's just that they aren't quite what they used to be.

Then again, a lot of them aren't any more.

It's only recently that the industry finally started getting more serious
about it.

One thing I notice is that you have to pay extra to get good fans, while fans
in almost all power supplies many years ago would last forever.

--
shannon           | An Irishman is never drunk as long as he can hold onto