[geeks] FeeCee Power Supply Design

nate at portents.com nate at portents.com
Tue Sep 18 17:13:43 CDT 2007

> On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 03:25:40PM -0500, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
>> If you care about power, get PC Power & Cooling; they're refreshingly
>> anal-retentive about getting power done right.
>
> I was about to say this myself.  For systems I build, I won't use anything
> else.  I've been using their stuff since the Pentium Pro days.

Eh, PC Power & Cooling is ok, but keep in mind they don't really make
their own power supplies either.  They just choose the good OEMs
(Seasonic, Etasis, or Zippy, typically) and don't choose crappy OEMs.
They're not always the best bang for the buck, though (I think the Corsair
HX620W for $110 after rebate is a better deal than what you can get from
PC Power & Cooling considering how conservatively rated the Corsair is in
terms of it's performance capacity).  PC Power & Cooling was recently
aquired by OCZ, btw.

- Nate