[geeks] FeeCee Power Supply Design

Sridhar Ayengar ploopster at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 14:38:13 CDT 2007

I'm in the market for a beefier power supply for my multimedia box,
since it's already having stability issues with the load it's currently
supporting, and I'm about to add four hard drives to the mix.

I saw this supply:
http://www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=23650#

Its specs list that it has three +12V rails at 19A each.  My video card
requires 26A all by itself.  How will the supply be set up usually?  I
hope they don't just partition it by putting some of the power
connectors on each supply rail.  That would make this 650W supply too
weak to power my video card.

Any ideas?

Peace...  Sridhar