[geeks] Teachers

Hicheal Morton mh1272 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 14:02:11 CDT 2007

On 9/15/07, Phil Stracchino <phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net> wrote:

> wa2egp at att.net wrote:
> > Actually, I've found it to be both sides as far as mind changing. :)
> > Too bad the "facts" are so hard to come by.  But there are some
> > pretty funny things that happen during his presidency.  I just
> > didn't trust him from the beginning from the lack of information
> > during his campaign.
>
> I actually was in favor of Clinton, pre-election.  He seemed like the
> Great White Hope after Bush senior.  But Bush senior, ex-CIA spook, as
> President was a bit too much like Andropov, former KGB spook, as Russian
> premier.  I think having a former spook heading your government is a bad
> idea - they have the ingranied habit of concealing what they're doing.
> It was said at the CIA, "We have four stories: one for the President,
> one for Congress, one for the press, and one we tell ourselves.  None of
> them are true."
>
> After he got into office, though, and started renting out the Lincoln
> bedroom, selling national security secrets to the Chinese, accepting
> campaign donations from hostile foreign powers, and the whole Monica
> Lewinsky "That depends exactly what you mean by 'is'" fiasco ...
>
> Someone columnist somewhere commented that it was the Clinton presidency
> that introduced the term 'kakistocracy' to the American lexicon.
>

> --
>         Phil Stracchino                CDK#2
> Renaissance Man, Unix ronin, Perl hacker, Free Stater
> phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net   alaric at caerllewys.net
> Landline: 603-429-0220           Mobile: 603-320-5438
>         It's not the years, it's the mileage.

"But Bush senior, ex-CIA spook..."

Bush Senior was never a CIA spook.
      Spook implies that one is a spy  or at least managing spies.
Bush Senior was the civilian head of the CIA for 14 months (11/75-1/76).
      Bush Senior was the first "CIA Outsider" to head the CIA.
Bush Senior was appointed by President Gerald Ford.
      Gerald Ford was not a "spooky" president.

Andropov, on the other hand, was a "spook".
Andropov was a profession "spook"--it was his profession and the KGB was his
employer.
Andropov was the chief of the Soviet spooks--KGB--for many years.

Putin, also, is former KGB.