[geeks] TRON sequel in the works...

nate at portents.com nate at portents.com
Wed Sep 12 12:05:25 CDT 2007

> Nevertheless, Kurosawa inspiration or not, the whole Star Wars saga is
> his creation.

I consider it more as a team effort, and I often wonder how the other
members of that team feel (anyone know?)  Star Wars was written and
directed by Lucas (and I consider it more of a 'Hidden Fortress'
adaptation), The Empire Strikes Back story was written by Lucas, made into
a screenplay by Leigh Brackett and Lawrence Kasdan, and directed by Irvin
Kershner, and the Return of the Jedi story was written by Lucas, made into
a screenplay by Lawrence Kasdan and Lucas, and directed by Richard
Marquand.  Yet everyone thinks of those movies as "George Lucas" movies.

> Show me one movie that *didn't* draw *some* inspiration from something
> else.

That's pretty much what I said in my next paragraph, which you didn't quote.

Incidentally, has anyone here read "Star Wars on Trial"?  I've been
thinking of picking it up:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/193210089X/

- Nate