[geeks] TRON sequal in the works...

Doug McLaren dougmc at frenzied.us
Wed Sep 12 11:00:46 CDT 2007

On Tue, Sep 11, 2007 at 09:23:18AM -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote:

| Link to a short article about it...
|
| http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i16c1ed3bf76536b4c669651706799643

There was a computer game that was sort of a sequel to the movie too
(at least that's what they billed it as when it came out) -- Tron 2.0.

   http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/tron20/
   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tron_2.0

It was actually pretty good -- standard FPS fare, yes, but well done.

I wonder if they're adapting the game into a movie now?  The story was
somewhere between mediocre and good, and certainly better than most of
the games that Uwe Boll makes into movies.

What's sort of telling is that the game, rendered in real time, had
significantly better graphics than the original movie.

| Thought some here would be interested.

I'm surprised it took so long.  Tron struck me as having a whole lot
more potential than was ever actually used.

Doug McLaren, dougmc at frenzied.us
Out of my way, all of you!             What a brave corporate logo!
This is no place for loafers!          I accept the challenge of Mr. Sparkle!
Join me or die!  Can you do any less?  Awesome power!