[geeks] Teachers

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Sun Sep 9 10:47:05 CDT 2007

Geoff Reed wrote:
> The school districts were saying that to pay the teachers the cost of living
> wage increases, the teaches would have to pay 20-30% of the cost of their
> healthcare above any they were already paying, the problem with that is that
> what they district wanted them to pay for the healthcare was MORE than the
> cost of living raises that the legislature passed last year for teachers.
[...]
> At the same time the administration staff (including maintenance people) and
> superintendents of the 3 districts mentioned earlier all got raises and they
> would not have to pay any of their own healthcare costs, only the teachers.

You know, I'd like to see a law requiring that school administration,
school superintendents, and school board members be paid no more, and
receive no more paid benefits, than the lowest-paid "full time" teacher
in their district.

I suspect that'd change a few things.

--
        Phil Stracchino                CDK#2
 phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net   alaric at caerllewys.net
 Landline: 603-429-0220           Mobile: 603-320-5438
        It's not the years, it's the mileage.