[geeks] Teachers

Hicheal Morton mh1272 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 07:08:13 CDT 2007

1)  a friend, whose wife is a special ed, set up a non-profit to cover the
supplies they purchase from their own money.  they make a tax-deductible
donation to the non-profit and the non-profit buys the materials.  (yes, a
tax-deduction is not a tax-credit--but that is better than $0.)

the point is there are methods to mitigate the personal money spent for
public use.

2)  since the USA tax codes does not permit tax deductions on personal
monies spent for the job until 2% of gross is reached, it is apparent that
the USA government expects workers to put in 2% of their own money toward
direct job related expenses.  this includes teachers.  (we spend at least 2%
a year--last year it was about 5-6%.)

3)  USA law also permits certain professions to work overtime for no pay.
when some one agrees to work in one of these "certain" professions, they are
agreeing to overtime.  that's why i choose a title other than
"administrator"--administrators are expected to work free overtime.
technicians or techologists don't

my apologies to the outraged teachers, et al.  The tax codes were written by
democrats, by the way--REALLY taking care of the little man, aren't they.