[geeks] "Stress test" for Vista system - suggestions sought...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Sat Sep 8 18:31:17 CDT 2007

OK, OK, keep your smart-aleck remarks to yourself, but I've just put together a system,a nd I am concerned about its "health" - I want to "burn it in" for a while (overnight should do it), and the machine currently has Vista installed - anyone have some ideas?

I'd rather not load an involved "distributed" problem-solving program SETI at Home got too confusing for me ;^), but if there is anything that I could either run under Vista or run off media (Live CD, etc.) that would be perfect...

The machine ran like a pig when I first put Vista Business x64 on it (things took FOREVER to complete), and system had 4x 1 Gig 667 MHz RAM from Crucial. I've since cross-graded to 2x 800 MHz OCZ DIMMs, and the system seems much quicker...

Anyway, thanks in advance...

Lionel