[geeks] Odd uptick in spam...

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Sep 7 13:32:01 CDT 2007

On Fri, 7 Sep 2007 12:34:36 -0400
Patrick Giagnocavo <patrick at zill.net> wrote:

> On Sep 7, 2007, at 9:52 AM, Mike Meredith wrote:
>
> > Time to start punishing the 'meat layer' for being stupid enough to
> > allow their machines to get compromised.
>
> Thinking meat.  Dreaming meat.  Phishing meat.
>
> [spot the reference and name the author, win a prize!]

I don't know that one, but it made me think of John Brunner's "To Catch A
Falling Star" story.

The "meat" in that book was retarded giant humans.  They were raised for
food, and driven to distant human cities for consumption.

Brunner always had a knack for plausible futures that were nothing like most
other science fiction.  He definitely didn't hold to the Roddenberry vision
of the future of humanity.

--
shannon           | Work for something because it is good, not just because