[geeks] Odd uptick in spam...

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Fri Sep 7 08:10:54 CDT 2007

On Fri, Sep 07, 2007 at 09:00:20AM -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> After reading that article, I'd say one could make a strong argument
> that the insecurity of Microsoft's crapware is directly endangering
> national security.

Oh No, it's 1955 all over again.

Around that time someone convinced T. J. Watson Jr., the CEO of IBM that
in order for the U.S. to survive an atomic war, IBM must survive and they
moved their corporate headquarters out of Manhattan to a small town no
one had heard of in upstate New York.

IBM also provided interest free loans to employees to build fallout
shelters. They were not very strict about it, and many swimming pools,
house additions and garages were built with them.

The same person was later parodied as Doctor Strangelove.

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838