[geeks] Classic Apple Marketing, but faster than ever before...

Mark md.benson at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 02:03:12 CDT 2007

On 6 Sep 2007, at 22:13, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> It seems that Steve Jobs/Apple have decided to drop the price of
> the 8 Gig iPhone to $399 (from $599), and apparently drop the 4 Gig
> iPhone.
>
> Wow, that was fast. That's what, a 33% price cut after 2 months?

Sure it was rather sudden, but it wasn't at all unexpected. I think
the way the Apple fraternity on the whole have approached this is
typical of the Class A Apple fanboy mentality. I've more or less
given up on the Mac community for the same reason - a significant
proportion of them seem to spend time bitching at the slightest thing.

I don't see console owners throwing up their arms and demanding huge
refunds when Sony or whoever carve 100 bucks off the price of a
console. As Steve said, it's progress, bite it!

--
Mark Benson

My Blog:
<http://mdblog.68kmac.org>