[geeks] Classic Apple Marketing, but faster than ever before...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Thu Sep 6 16:13:15 CDT 2007

Hello all,

It seems that Steve Jobs/Apple have decided to drop the price of the 8 Gig iPhone to $399 (from $599), and apparently drop the 4 Gig iPhone.

Wow, that was fast. That's what, a 33% price cut after 2 months?

Link to "letter" from Mr. Jobs explaining decision (note: this may not appease anyone that is not currently located inside the "Jobs Reality Distortion Field"):

http://www.apple.com/hotnews/openiphoneletter/

How fortuitous - I was considering an iPhone when my current contract runs out (I have a Motorola Q presently), but I may stillwait for faster network access (my current EV-DO is pretty nice, and I understand the iPhone network is a bit slower)...

Lionel