[geeks] I gotta...

Sridhar Ayengar ploopster at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 13:57:58 CDT 2007

Mike Hebel wrote:
> c) http://filkertom-itom.blogspot.com/2007/08/049-wikipirates.html

My uncle just started editing Wikipedia and ran into that problem.  My
uncle is a former Yale Sanskrit and Eastern Philosophy professor, as
well as a Hindu priest.  One of the smartest people I know, as well as
one of the most knowledgeable.  Speaks Sanskrit fluently.  The idiots
were arguing with everything he was adding to the Hinduism-related
articles, even though he was citing properly.  Some of the questions
were to the effect of, "Which translation are you using?" to which the
response was, "No translation.  I was reading the manuscripts themselves."

He gave up after a while.  I believe his exact words were, "I suppose
I'll leave them to their ignorance."

Peace...  Sridhar