[geeks] eBay question

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Wed Sep 5 09:29:43 CDT 2007

Dan Sikorski wrote:
> Or, as mentioned by others on the list, if you don't like it, don't
> bid.  But don't claim that it is a violation of law or claim that ebay
> is a mass organization of racketeering or fraud.  I assure you that it
> is not.  I'm sure that Sotheby's and ebay have teams of lawyers that are
> sure that they are not racketeering.

I agree it is not fraudulent.  However, I still feel it is deceptive.
It amounts to advertising something for sale at a starting price you
know up front you have no intention of ever honoring, while concealing
that fact from the buyer.

It's legal, sure.  I still think it's unethical.

--
        Phil Stracchino                CDK#2
 phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net   alaric at caerllewys.net
 Landline: 603-429-0220           Mobile: 603-320-5438
        It's not the years, it's the mileage.