[geeks] keyboards for Mac

Robert Brooke Gravitt gravitt at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 06:46:11 CDT 2007

On Sep 3, 2007, at 1:11 AM, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> Does anyone know if a keyboard like the "Logitech Wave" will work with
> MacOS?
>
> I'm thinking of getting a Mac Mini, and the keyboard is a big issue.
> I have room for one keyboard and monitor, so I need something I can
> share easily between a PC running FreeBSD and Linux, and a Mac.
>
> The only decent keyboard I can find is the Tactile Pro, which is $150
> and on backorder almost perpetually, and it really isn't the layout I
> want.
>
> Any recommendations appreciated.  I know we visit this topic now and
> then, but maybe there is new information.

I got a USB version of the Unicomp Customizer ( basically, the IBM
Model M ) based on a recommendation here.

It's the sweetest keyboard I've owned. Raven Black. Huge, heavy, and
clickety-loud.

$70
<http://pckeyboards.stores.yahoo.net/customizer.html>

Hooked up to 4 workstations at work via USB KVM: XP, RHEL
Workstation, Solaris 10 x86, and Mac OS X 10.4 on a G5.

Works well..

--Brooke