[geeks] website/domain hosting, .mac alternatives

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Oct 29 22:11:53 CDT 2007

Does anyone have any experience with Dreamhost (www.dreamhost.com)?

They offer the whole ball of wax for $120 year, cheaper if you
subscribe long-term.

They've been around for 10 years and have a sale now.

I had thought about signing up for .Mac, but the truth is a lot of it
I don't really need, and I'm thinking I might want my own domain name.

I also considered co-locating my own machine, but it looks to me like
using someone like dreamhost is cheaper with more features and
reliability than I could manage.