[geeks] FYI: CompUSA is offering OS X 10.5 for $99 (after rebate)

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Wed Oct 31 19:13:04 CDT 2007

> That's a fair descritption, but not very true. The UN has been used
> by the U.S. to control things it did not want to get out of hand,
> for example both Gulf Wars, Grenada, Kosovo etc have been under the
> UN flag, but were actually U.s. foreign policy.

I thought we were asked by a neighboring island (to Grenada) to get
involved with that.  At least that's what some people of Grenada and
Barbados have told me.

> The U.S. has been a throttle on the IDF forcing them to stop the
> pacification of Lebanon and the P.A. If Israel had been left alone
> last summer we would not have had to endure the 1,000 missles and rockets
> that rained down on us, Hizbollah would not be in control of Lebanon,
> and Hamas would be long gone.
>
> If the U.S. had not supported Arafat, the PA would have become an
> idependant country with a democratic government and decent schools,
> hospitals and a real economy.
>
> However, the U.S. continues to support the House of Saud, who are
> a despotic monarchy who funded Bin Laden, and still continue to
> fund terrorists.
>
> However they also give you oil, so they are protected. I guess that
> makes it in the U.S.'s interest to keep them happy.

Well, there are people who say the exact opposite but I'm not going
to take sides in that mess, just acknowledging there are opposing
views.

Bob