[geeks] Whee! The EEE is available in the US

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Wed Oct 31 12:55:53 CDT 2007

On Oct 31, 2007, at 12:52 PM, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:

> On Oct 31, 2007, at 12:43 PM, Mike Hebel wrote:
>>
>> Indeed.  Even the video review on their page says $199 while the page
>> says $399.  And the video review implied that the 4GB flash storage
>> was the minimum in the machine and the price would only go up with
>> increases in storage, 8GB, 16GB, etc.
>
> I haven't found Directron to be the cheapest, so I would figure that
> within 4 weeks or so, prices would have started to drop a great deal
> as Asus gets more inventory into the channel.

If it's Directron upping the cost then that's essentially what?  A
50% markup on the product?

If I were Asus I'd tell Directron to knock it off before it kills the
product line.

Too high an opening price will drive consumers away.  Period.

And not being able to provide what's promised - $199 versus $399 -
will make the company appear disingenuous and not to be trusted.

Mike Hebel
----
See with eyes unclouded, think with mind uncluttered, act with heart
unchained!