[geeks] Whee! The EEE is available in the US

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Wed Oct 31 11:43:30 CDT 2007

On Oct 31, 2007, at 11:01 AM, Joshua Boyd wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 31, 2007 at 11:09:08AM -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> The Asus $400 flash-based laptop is available from Directron
>> starting tomorrow (they claim an ETA of 11/1/2007):
>>
>> http://directron.com/eeepc4g.html
>>
>> Thinking hard...
>>
>> Maybe if I sell my unused Libretto...
>
> That seems to be about double the cost they were saying previously.

Indeed.  Even the video review on their page says $199 while the page
says $399.  And the video review implied that the 4GB flash storage
was the minimum in the machine and the price would only go up with
increases in storage, 8GB, 16GB, etc.

Mike Hebel
----
See with eyes unclouded, think with mind uncluttered, act with heart
unchained!