[geeks] Best laptop for $3K max

Francois Dion francois.dion at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 05:44:20 CDT 2007

On 10/30/07, John Francini <francini at mac.com> wrote:
> Don't buy your memory from Apple -- they always overcharge for it.
> Good-quality 3rd party memory is less than half what Apple charges.
>
> And even though the laptop comes with a 1440x900 screen

Current laptop has 1440x1050 and back then was available in 1600x1200,
but I thought that would have been too small and I didn't need the
screen real estate. I was wrong, hence almost 3 years later, I'm
looking for a new laptop (plus I need more memory and fast 64 bit
support). I really need a minimum of 1600x1200 and I have a feeling
that if I dont go for 1920 I will regret it.

I've heard that you _can_ get 1600x1200 on a 15" macbook pro, is that
true? what is the secret handshake option on apple's web site?