[geeks] FYI: CompUSA is offering OS X 10.5 for $99 (after rebate)

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Tue Oct 30 17:26:59 CDT 2007

Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> On Oct 30, 2007, at 2:01 PM, Phil Stracchino wrote:
>
>> Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>>> Modern terrorism is fairly young, starting in the 1600s, and the US
>>> got involved when the terrorists first started attacking us in the
>>> 1700s, hitting our commercial shipping in the Mediterranean Sea.  We
>>> didn't cause that, it happened because the islamic people believed
>>> that they had a right to attack and steal from anyone who wasn't
>>> islamic.
>> To be fair, just about every nation of any significant strength in
>> Europe apparently believed for most of the history of western European
>> "civilization"[0] that it had a right to attack and steal from
>> anyone it
>> could get away with attacking, whenever it felt like it.
>
> Sure, but that's greed and competition, which is a little different.
> Wrong, but not the same thing.
>
> Besides, they got a proper cassius belli so what are you complaining
> about?  :)
>
> A more direct analogy would be European Crusaders, who while not
> terrorists, had much the same motivation: you don't believe as we do,
> therefore your sorry butt is ours.

Except the ones that were mounted just for the loot.  And then there was
the Children's Crusade, which was sold as a crusade to wield the
innocence of children in God's service, and was actually just a cynical
massive-scale white-slavery operation ....

...you know, you have a point.  It's JUST LIKE modern terrorism and
politics, innit?

--
        Phil Stracchino                CDK#2
 phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net   alaric at caerllewys.net
 Landline: 603-429-0220           Mobile: 603-320-5438
        It's not the years, it's the mileage.