[geeks] Politicians

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Mon Oct 29 14:40:45 CDT 2007

>From: Jonathan Katz <jon at jonworld.com>
>Date: 2007/10/29 Mon PM 02:09:07 CDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] FYI: CompUSA is offering OS X 10.5 for $99 (after rebate)

>The way to step above it all is to run for office, but that takes
>amassing a decent bit of capital, even for a small office like
>city-council.

I ran for school Board, but found that my insistence on only speaking truths, and never commiting to accomplish anything that actually couldn't be accomplished cost me dearly...

I'll probably run again, the two folks that beat me have been shown as 100% ineffective in accomplishing anything they said they would - they never took a step back and identified what the real cause of most of our problems in the school district was...

People liked their message, but their vison was based on nothing more than a desire for things to change.

Lionel