[geeks] Never thought I'd ask this

Francois Dion francois.dion at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 10:19:21 CDT 2007

On 10/22/07, Phil Stracchino <phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net> wrote:
> Francois Dion wrote:
> > If you had at least 256MB I would have said, try Belenix. I've never
> > tried 192MB. I have belenix on a USB key on my keyring because it
> > boots on everything we have (x86 wise) and it supports UFS, ZFS, NTFS,
> > FAT16, FAT32, EXT2, EXT3.
> >
> > It also comes with XFCE and KDE. It is an opensolaris distro.
>
> That'd certainly be something interestingly different to try.

How low can you go? Unfortunately I didn't have the DIMMs to get to
192MB. Apparently, your machine can get to 320MB and that would work
really nicely with Belenix.

http://solarisdesktop.blogspot.com/2007/10/where-is-cdrom-belenix-story.html

My previous blog entry also applies to Belenix, memtest on a stick, basically.

Francois