[geeks] FYI: CompUSA is offering OS X 10.5 for $99 (after rebate)

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Sat Oct 27 21:17:21 CDT 2007

On Oct 27, 2007, at 10:07 PM, Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> On Oct 27, 2007, at 6:27 PM, Joshua Boyd wrote:
>
>> So, how in the world can the local computer shop be making 13% or
>> less
>> margin on items sold unless they are buying from the most brain
>> dead of
>> sources?
>
> Because the available source are almost all braindead and/or
> overpriced.
>
> I tried to find a distributor myself, and the best I could do was
> roughly 40% more than Newegg, on average.  On some parts items, it
> was much worse.

In that case, wouldn't sourcing from Newegg be a smarter move?  Even
20% on top of newegg would be a huge improvement over what the local
store is charging.

Oh, I guess you later mention ordering restrictions, but just getting
what they could from NewEgg would improve matters a fair amount.  And
there are more cheap online retailers than newegg to spread orders
across.