[geeks] FYI: CompUSA is offering OS X 10.5 for $99 (after rebate)

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Oct 25 09:54:02 CDT 2007

On Oct 25, 2007, at 7:37 AM, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> Of course, unless you live near one of the few remaining physical
> CompUSAs this means you'll have to mailorder and wait for delivery,
> but $30 off is a pretty good deal, IMHO.

CompUSA stores are disappearing?

Yeah, decent deal.

I went to CompUSA yesterday, and found out you can get Leopard for
$9.95 if you recently bought a Mac.

I wish I had known that, and I'd not have bothered ordering through
Apple's screwed up system, which failed and caused me to have to mail
in an order.

I'll probably get my copy next year or something.

(grumble)

Then again, I might go into CompUSA Friday and show them my receipt
and get a copy there.  If Apple also ships one, oh well.