[geeks] QUESTION: MacOS window managemnt

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Oct 24 16:27:44 CDT 2007

On Oct 24, 2007, at 3:34 PM, N. Miller wrote:

> Splat-H will hide all windows of the currently active application.
> Splat-Option-H will hide all windows of all non-active (foreground)
> apps.

I'll have to try that one.

> I haven't tested to see if it will work while you have a spinning
> beach ball.

Most of the time, they app in question doesn't have a beach ball.
For example, iDVD (yeah, I should get something better) just won't
react to the mouse.  It doesn't show a busy cursor, it just doesn't
react.

Next time I fire it up on a 4-hour DVD creation, I'll try hiding it
with the keyboard.

But from what was said here earlier, it won't work because the
application processes the keystrokes.

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com