[geeks] Cheap Octocore

Michael Dombrowski ab1244 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 22 19:05:53 CDT 2007

"Dell Small Business offers the Dell PowerEdge SC1430
8-Core Xeon 1.6GHz Server for $729. With $19 for
shipping, that matches our last mention as the lowest
price we've seen for this eight-core system by $270.
Sales tax is added where applicable. It features two
Intel Xeon E5310 1.6GHz quad-core processors, 1GB RAM,
80GB hard drive, and Gigabit Ethernet. (An operating
system and optical drive are not included.) "

Less than $100/core. Kind of ridiculous. If only it
didn't require FBD ram...
Mike