[geeks] Apple software: the stuff you "gotta have"

Michael Parson mparson at bl.org
Sat Oct 13 17:06:31 CDT 2007

On Oct 9, 2007, at 5:29 PM, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 06:24:21PM -0400, Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>> For all you mac-heads on the list, how about a list of the software
>> that you "just gotta have".
>
> I've kept a list for a few years now:
>
> http://weblog.mrbill.net/essential-mac-software/

On this page, you list the Quicktime mpeg-2 playback component.  Out
of curiosity, what do you use it for?  I had my sister buy it for her
mac so she could import the de-DRMed mpeg2 files off her TiVo into
iMovie/iDVD, but it didn't let her do that.  I did some more reading
on what the component is supposed to do, and I just couldn't figure
out the usefulness of it at all.

So, out of curiosity, what do you use it for?

--
Michael Parson
mparson at bl.org