[geeks] Apple software: the stuff you "gotta have"

Caleb Shay caleb at webninja.com
Sat Oct 13 08:46:06 CDT 2007

On 10/13/07, Michael Thompson <m_thompson at ids.net> wrote:
> Your email machine belonged to DEC's Internal Software Services
> group, and was a model KL1090, Serial number 1122.
> The Retro-Computing Society in Providence has a KL10 1090.
>
> 1122    TOPS-10 DEC ISWS (TWINKY) "TWONKY"      PK1/C2  KL1090

<sigh>  The biggest thing I miss about living in RI was being able to
hang out with you crazy RCS/RI guys..."Hey look, this memory unit is
bigger than my first apartment, let's see if we can make it work!", or
my personal favorite "We have a 1200 baud connection running across
this fiber network...because we can.".

Caleb

--
"In wine there is wisdom. In bier there is strength. In water there is
bacteria."

--German Proverb